Results of theoretical analyses of possibility of generations of periodic picosecond pulses of voltage are presented. This process is possible under condition of external electromagnetic radiation only. As an active element of such generator may be heterojunction in which the relaxation instability of electron concentration is developed. The possible variant of heterostructure and its static and time depended electric characteristics are demonstrated. Parameters of heterostructure and operating regimes can be select so that pulses of voltage will be in terahertz range.
nanophotonics, generation, heterojunction, relaxation instability, picosecond pulses, terahertz frequency range, indium antimonide, bismuth
1. I. A. Obukhov, “Relaxation Instability in Quantum Wire,” Proc. of 23rd Int. Crimean Conference “Microwave & Telecommunication Technology” – CriMiCo’2013. (Sevastopol, Sept. 9–13, 2013), pp. 869–872, 2013. (In Russ.).
2. I. A. Obukhov, Nonequilibrium effects in one-dimensional quantum devices, LAMBERT Academic Publishing, 2014.
3. I. A. Obukhov and E. A. Smirnova, “Nanowire as an Active Element of the Microwave Radiation Generators,” Nano- i mikrosistemnaya tekhnika, vol. 18, no 8, pp. 509–517, 2016. (In Russ.).
4. I. Obukhov, G. Gorokh, A. Lozovenko, and E. Smirnova, “Matrices of indium antimonide nanowires and their applications in microwave generators,” Nanoindustry Russia, no. 6, pp. 96–108, 2017, doi: 10.22184/1993-8578.2017.77.6.96.108. (In Russ.).
5. I. A. Obukhov, “Multicomponent Model of Charge Transport in Quantum Semiconductor Devices,” Nano- i Mikrosistemnaya Tehnika, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 24–31, Feb. 2021, doi: 10.17587/nmst.23.24-31. (In Russ.).
6. E. V. Demidov, V. M. Grabov, V. A. Komarov et al., “The Quantum Size Effect Specific Features of in the Transport Phenomena in Thin Bismuth Films on Mica Substrates,” Fizika i tekhnika poluprovodnikov, vol. 53, no 6, pp. 736–740, 2019. (In Russ.).
7. V. A. Kasian et al., Thin films of indium antimonide, Chisinau: Chisinau State University, 1989. (In Russ.).
8. A. A. Andronov, A. A. Vitt, and S. E. Haikin, Oscillation theory, Moscow: Fizmatlit, 1959. (In Russ.).
9. I. A. Obukhov, “Generation of Noise by a Quantum Wire,” Proc. of 24th Int. Crimean Conference “Microwave & Telecommunication Technology” – CriMiCo’2014 (Sevastopol, Sept. 7–13, 2014), pp. 798–799, 2014. (In Russ.).
10. G. G. Gorokh, I. A. Obukhov, and A. A. Lozovenko, “Indium Antimonide Nanowire Arrays for Promising Thermoelectric Converters,” Tekhnologiya i konstruirovanie v elektronnoi apparature, no 1, pp. 3–12, 2015, doi: 10.15222/tkea2015.1.03. (In Russ.).